We love sandwiches hot or cold, from grilled cheese to the classic BLT, no one can ever deny just how delicious a sandwich can be. No matter what the ingredients we choose the key to any yummy sandwich is selecting the perfect type of bread. I know that I can always turn to Arnold® Bread to find a wide variety of tasty breads and rolls that make the delicious sandwich.
I choose Arnold® Whole Grains Sliced Breads and Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls because they have;
– 2 to 5 grams of fiber per slice or thin
– Zero grams of Trans Fat
-No High Fructose Corn Syrup
Did you know that the Arnold® bread varieties are made with 100% whole grains and are a great source of fiber? They are also only 80 calories per serving, heart healthy* and contain NO High Fructose Corn Syrup or Trans Fat.
About the 2016 America’s Better Sandwich Contest
Arnold® Bread wants to hear what healthful ingredients YOU use to make the perfect sandwich with their delicious, made with whole grain bread, so Arnold® Bread is hosting the“2016 America’s Better Sandwich” Contest!
Of course, before entering an original better sandwich, entrants should make sure their recipes include any of the Arnold® Sliced Breads, including any of the Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls varieties.
This year’s contest includes five (5) exciting sandwich categories including:
- “Open-Faced Artistry” (sandwiches are works of art for the world to see, and these snacks and meals should announce their nutritious ingredients—like bright beets or tasty tuna— sans second slice);
- “Breakfast in Bread” (these sandwiches, featuring nutrient rich breakfast favorites like eggs and yogurt, invoke images of cozy mornings in bed or boisterous brunches with friends);
- “Creative Classics” (nutritious spins on sandwich creations that have stood the test of time, such as grandma’s club sandwich, BLT or other old-time favorites);
- “Fueling Good” (these sandwiches should incorporate ingredients that help boost your energy such as healthful fats, protein, fiber and iron)
- “State Favorites” (whether it’s a well-known sandwich in the state you reside, or a must-have local dish that can transition into a sandwich, celebrate your state pride by re-creating these state favorites with better-for-you ingredients)
Entries will be accepted June 15th – August 21st, online consumer voting will take place September 26th – October 23rd, and the winners will be announced on National Sandwich Day- November 3rd.
To enter, submit your recipes at http://americasbettersandwich.com/ for the opportunity to win a grand prize of $25,000 – now, that’s a lot of dough! Additionally, the sandwich in each of the five categories with the highest overall score will receive a $5,000 Category Prize.
Also, making sure no grain gets left behind, this year, Arnold® Bread will donate one (1) loaf of bread to Feeding America for each entry and or vote submitted, with a minimum of 75,000 and up to 100,000 loaves donated!
My Arnold® Bread Sandwich Recipe
I created my own sandwich recipe to share with all you lovely readers. It is easy, delicious and healthy.
Are you excited to get started? You should be!
Enter my giveaway below to start making some award winning sandwiches of your very own.
Open to US Residents Only
Enter to win six coupons (each valid for $5 off the purchase of any Arnold® Whole Grain Sliced Bread of choice), six additional coupons (each valid for $4.00 off the purchase of any Arnold® Sandwich Thins® Rolls of choice) and a $25 Visa gift card to use towards ingredients to make your favorite sandwiches.
*Diets low in saturated fat and cholesterol, and as low as possible in trans fat, may help reduce the risk of heart disease.
Availability: Arnold® bread is available across the Eastern U.S. It can be found in the Midwestern U.S. as Brownberry® bread and in the Western U.S. as Oroweat® bread