Hey there! I’m Emmie from My Someday in May and I just had the most amazing trip to Disneyland and I wanted to share with you my recommendations for your next Disneyland vacation!
If you’re bringing littles like we did, there are a few rides that they’ll love and a few you might want to avoid. For reference, we brought my 5 year old and two year old daughters.
Disneyland Rides Littles Will Love
- Finding Nemo
- It’s a Small World
- Jungle Cruise
- Buzz Lightyear
- Peter Pan
- Winnie the Pooh
- Alice in Wonderland
- King Arthur Carousel
- Astro Orbitor
- The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
They also loved:
- Tarzan’s Treehouse
- The Tiki Room
- Toon Town
- Taking Pictures with the Princesses at the Royal Hall
We also did Pirates of the Caribbean, Matterhorn Bobsleds, and The Haunted Mansion. My five year old was nervous about Pirates but ended up enjoying it. However, she was terrified during the Matterhorn and The Haunted Mansion. I should have waited till she was a little older for those rides.
Here are three things that will help with the long lines.
- Fast Passes – Throughout the park there are fast pass stations where you can scan your tickets and get fast pass tickets to rides so that you don’t have to wait in the long lines. You just show up at the designated time on your fast pass and you’re in a fast line to get on the ride. This is a life saver for all the big rides with long waits!
- Single Rider Line- If you’re crunched for time and you don’t mind going by your lonesome, you can literally walk on a ride if you are a single rider. Just tell the employees at the front of the ride that you are a single rider and they will direct you where to go. I did this for space mountain and literally walked right on to the ride when it had a 90 minute wait time.
- Baby Swap- If you tell the employees at the front of the line that you are doing a baby swap, one of you can wait in line for the ride while the other one stays with the kids. Once one of you rides the ride you can swap and instead of waiting in the long line you can jump into the Fast Pass line and get on the ride much quicker.
- Disneyland App- The app will tell you the wait time for all the rides and the show times at the park. You can also make dinner reservations or order food for pickup with the app.
You won’t want to miss the parade during the day and the Fantasmic show! You can get fast passes for the Fantasmic show and arrive at the designated time to sit in a roped off area. I would suggest getting there as soon as you can though because they cram as many people as they can into the roped off area.
In California Adventure my kids loved…
- Flick’s Flyers
- Francis’ Ladybug Boogie
- Heimlich’s Chew Chew Train
- Jumpin’ Jellyfish
- The Little Mermaid–Ariel’s Undersea Adventure
- Luigi’s Rollickin’ Roadsters
- Monsters, Inc. Mike and Sulley to the Rescue
- Toy Story Midway Mania!
They also loved to play in…
- Redwood Creek Challenge Trail
- Princess Dot Puddle Park (great way to cool off)
You also won’t want to miss..
- The Frozen Show
- Paint the Night Parade
- World of Color
This trip was really special because it was the first time for my two year old and my five year old was old enough to really understand and enjoy it. One of the best things we did was get my five year old an autograph book. She loved asking all the characters for their autograph! The one thing I wish I did was take more pictures! In the rush, I missed out on capturing some of the best moments.
Disneyland is so magical! I loved it when I was a kid and I love sharing it with my girls now! I hope you have the most magical vacation!