Long time readers of our blog will know that my family and I are huge fans of Cafe Rio. We love Cafe Rio for many reasons a few of them being;
- It is an extremely family friendly restaurant
- All the food is all made in house
- Nothing is ever re-heated
- The portions are huge and the prices are super reasonable
- The ingredients are high quality and fresh
- Sweet Barbacoa Pork
- Cafe Rio employees hand squeeze at least 1,000 limes a day and hand scoop all their avocados
- Watch as the flour tortillas are made right at the counter
- Did I mention they have the BEST HORCHATA????!!!!!!!!!!
- Everything you eat has been made THAT DAY
- Kids can order quesadillas for free
- There is something for EVERYONE (even picky kids!)
When I found out that Cafe Rio was introducing Spicy Green Chile Pork as a new menu item in the DC market I knew my family and I had to try it. So one evening last week we headed over to Cafe Rio for dinner.
My husband decided to order a Spicy Green Chile Pork Burrito, I ordered a Sweet Barbacoa Pork Salad, my daughter ordered the Chicken Tacos and my son ordered a nino quesadilla. Of course we all had Horchata to drink….!
My husband gave me a big chunk of his burrito and I will say that I was a bit nervous the Spicy Green Chile might be a bit too spicy for me (I am not a huge fan of super spicy food). I took a bite and was amazed at how delicious it is. The pork has the perfect amount of heat and an amazing amount of flavor. My husband who grew up in California is incredibly picky with Mexican food and he LOVES the Spicy Green Chile Pork. It is delicious in a burrito and would taste just as amazing in a salad, taco or enchilada. We absolutely think the Spicy Green Chile Pork is a HIT. It also blends perfectly with the other menu items Cafe Rio offers.
Cafe Rio truly is the perfect place to head to dinner with your family. My children are very picky with what they will and won’t eat and they LOVE Cafe Rio. Do you love Tortilla Soup, Nachos, Enchiladas or Tostadas? Those are all available too. There is even a Tres Leches Cake and Key Lime Pie for dessert. Cafe Rio never ceases to amaze me with their delicious concoctions of food. I think we will be heading back this week for more! Keep up the great work Cafe Rio!
Enter our Giveaway below!
Enter to win TWO gift cards to Cafe Rio valid for one entree and drink of your choosing!
enter after the jump
I received gift cards for the purpose of this review.
This has in no way affected my opinion.
This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.