One of my most favorite things to do as a child was ride my bicycle. I lived in Virginia when I was young and there were bike trails that lined my neighborhood. The trails all led back to a hidden park in a forest of trees that became the home of countless hours of imagination. Our bikes were the primary source of our transportation and always part of the games. We played “red light, green light”, and even added a few more colored lights that all meant different things. It was pure bliss.
As an adult, I still enjoy riding my bike. Luckily here in Idaho, we have similar bike trails that take you to different parks all over the city. I have been toting my kids around behind me in a bike trailer for years and have passed on my love for biking to them. My oldest is too big to ride behind in the bike trailer anymore, so we needed to find something she could ride and still be able to keep up with me on our bike rides.
We went to Schwinn and found the perfect solution for little growing bodies: The Schwinn SmartStart Bikes. These bikes are designed to fit a child’s proportions so your little can focus more on learning, and not the fear of falling. We chose the Schwinn SmartStart 20″ Deelite, and my six year old literally rode it right out of the store. We took the training wheels off her smaller bike at home a few weeks before and she had started practicing, but she didn’t have the confidence she needed yet. When she saw her new bike, she was so excited and hopped right on and took off right away. I think the sparkly pink gave her new purpose 🙂 Not only that, this bike is designed to make riding easier for her!
The SmartStart Bike is fitted for her smaller body so she can be comfortable and have the confidence she needs to learn quickly, and most importantly, have FUN!
Here are some of the awesome features:
- The pedals are more narrow to match the position of a child’s hips, producing a stronger pedal stroke.
- The bike has a reduced overall weight making it easier for your child to handle and stay in control.
- They’re designed to fit your child better for a longer time and right from the start so they don’t have to “grow into it”.
- The bike seats are designed to match a child’s body proportions for comfort.
- The handles have smaller grip diameters for little hands.
- It has fast-start gearing that helps reduce top-speed; this is good for you or the hubby when you’re running next to them 🙂
- Your little can start pedaling right away because the pedal positions are moved forward creating better leverage for take off.
- There are tons of different sizes and colors so you can pick the best bike for your special rider!
We have absolutely loved the bike and she is getting better every day. Her progress riding really has surprised me, but especially her boost in confidence.
I can’t wait to hit the bike trails with her beside me 🙂
I received this bike free of charge for the purpose of this review.
This has in no way affected my opinion.
This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.