Potty Training. Those two words can strike fear into the hearts of even the most confident parents. It’s hard to know what to do to take the first step. My two year old was well past ready to be potty trained but with our new Little Man in the family now, I have been putting her training time off. Diapers just seemed easier, until they weren’t. In my opinion, if your child is starting to tell you on their own accord that they need a diaper change, it’s time to get that little bum on the toilet.
I’ve discovered that “helpers” like pull on diapers are nothing more than an expensive alternative to an actual diaper. My kids just think they’re still wearing a diaper with cuter pictures on the front. We’ve tried a few different things; the “naked weekend” has worked well for us in the past, but you literally can’t leave the house for days because your kid is required to be pant-less for the process. BottomZz Up takes on a whole new approach to potty training your toddler that leaves out diapers completely.
BottomZz Up helps you potty train your child in five easy steps.
- Have your little wearing the BottomZz Up training pants and inserts 24 hours a day- yep, even for naps and bedtime.
- Use their super awesome and ginormous sticker chart as incentive on the bathroom wall, putting on a sticker every time they go potty.
- The BottomZz Up technology lets those little bums feel the “wet” so when those accidents do happen, they can learn how yucky it feels, without soaking their clothes.
- Consistency is KEY. Even at bedtime. When those littles have a few accidents, they’ll learn that they need to get up and go when it’s time.
- When your little is a potty time pro, CELEBRATE! The BottomZz Up Kit even comes with an adorable graduation certificate.
The BottomZz Up training undies have an open pocket on the outside where you can easily slide in the liner to protect their clothes, and eliminating the need to supplement Potty Training with diapers. I loved this because I have always felt that putting a diaper back on that little bum at bedtime would be super confusing for a two year old I have been “training” to go potty on the toilet all day. I think this is such a smart idea and my little trainee has certainly picked up the notion that she doesn’t like wet undies on her dry little bum. She even got up in the middle of the night when she peed! Yes, she peed, but the KEY is that she realized that she peed and needed to be changed. And I gotta say, I was super skeptical that I wouldn’t need to change the sheets, but I didn’t! Her undies were wet but everything else was protected by the BottomZz Up liners.
She has totally mastered going to potty on the toilet in the day time, she hasn’t had an accident in almost a week! We even went to the movies and played at Chick-fil-a for lunch and not a single accident. She came running out of the play-place to tell me she needed to go and we ran her to the bathroom in time. I would call that potty training success without all the mess 🙂
I received these products free of charge for the purpose of this review.
This has in no way affected my opinion.
This review is my opinion and has been written in my own words.