Oh yes, its the most wonderful time of the year…and then you remember that you are traveling four hours via car then via plane and then another two hours via car to reach your Holiday destination. How can you keep your sanity while traveling with your kids during the busiest travel season of the whole year?
Here are a few tips that have helped us tackle those long car/airplane rides, airport layovers, and bored out of their mind kids….
- Snacks, airlines no longer provide meals free of charge
- Portable DVD Player/Laptop with DVD drive
- Selection of DVDs or download movies onto the computer for use later
- Sketch pad, crayons
- Portable Games
- iPad and Coco Color Stylus
- Any other type of kids tablet-we love the LeapFrog LeapPad Ultra Super Bundle
- Dress your children in layers-if they get warm a piece of clothing can always be removed
- Always bring a change of clothing (just in case they get sick or luggage gets lost)
- The Hand Pillow
- Bring headphones (or you’ll end up paying $5 for a pair from the airline)
- Chewing gum( Have your children chew gum during takeoff/landing, this will help your children’s ears from popping/hurting)
I hope that this post helps you prepare for your upcoming travel. You will be surprised how refreshing it is to just have five minutes of YOU time (scratch that…as a parent you already knew that!).